Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wow this place is really bloody dusty.....
It's like someone hasn't been here in at least a year....heh

You will notice that this is not an AssortedBlog
That is because i actually started this blog a while ago and i didn't wanna change it.
Partially because of the content that i already had on this blog…which i am going to go back and edit to make sure all is well later.
Another reason is the fact that i love the name Paranormal Bookshelf and it takes me back to why i got into these kinda books.

Another reason I'm keeping this a bit separate is actually something I want to explore down the road when I'm more into all things blog.
And that is why book nerds are kinda set apart from other types. Ok so not the actual people but I guess the best way to say it is the “book nerd culture” is kinda set apart from the television, gaming, movies, comic book nerd culture.
 It’s something that I’ve thought of for a while and something that I’d love to hear people’s input into. Maybe someday down the line I can have some “nerd famous” to comment on this.

Basically I am considering this the re-launch of The Paranormal Bookshelf.

I am doing this for several reasons beyond the fact that I haven’t posted in a while.
It is mainly because I want to explore more things than just reviewing books and telling you what I think of them.
I want to have a place where I can talk about things in a book series that made me like it, or the carryover of legends or mythology between two authors.
My biggest hope would be me being able to get those authors to comment on similarities or their inspiration.

This change really came about when I got the chance to write my Junior Thesis at The College Of Wooster.

I had the opportunity to research and write a thirty page paper about the connections between the Greek and Roman god Pan, Shakespeare’s Character Puck from A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and the old Irish and English pixies and sprites.
And all of this research was focused around two of my favorite Characters in television and fiction.
The secondary being the character of The Trickster from the early episodes of the television show Supernatural and the main focus was around the character or Robin Goodfellow from the Cal Leandros Series by Rob Thurman. Rob Thurman even answered some of my questions about Robin’s origins on Twitter.
This was such a fun experience that I’d love to do similar things again.

Reviews that are in the works are Hammered and Tricked, book 3 and 4 of The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne.
And a book that actually came out in 2009 that I am rereading called Child Of Fire by Harry Connolly This actually includes a brief twitter exchange between myself and Mr. Connolly about his protagonist’s weapon, interesting stuff.

Well so yeah…. Those are the future plans for The Paranormal Bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment